Getting stressed out can really affect our work, study, relationships and overall health. Because of this, stress is something we should really take care of. When this happens to me, going out and randomly walk in a certain area which I know that will have places I’ll be interested about and spend some hours there really help. However, sometimes we can’t (or simply don’t want to) get out of the house for a certain reason. If you’re in the second situation, here I have some “pamper routine” steps from which you can choose some (or maybe all of them, why not?) and enjoy a good relaxing time!
- Turn off your phone, e-mails notifications and/or any social media that may stress you. Unless you’re waiting for a super urgent call, taking a break from those things won’t hurt 🙂
- Make use of aromatherapy: scented candles, a good air freshener or just adding some drops of your favorite perfume behind your ears, neck and wrist, a soothing scent has the properties to calm you down.
- Take a warm bath and use a moisturize afterwards, using this time to give yourself a body and face massage (there are plenty of videos online teaching you different types of massage that work pretty well).
- Drink something that will help you relax, alcoholic or not, you have lots of options such as no caffeine tea, passion fruit juice, warm milk (I like adding cinnamon to this one) and wine.
- Cook yourself something good if you enjoy doing it or simply order it (why not?) and have a nice meal!
- Pick a good book, a movie, some series (or drama) episodes, or that album you’re curious about or haven’t properly listened to in ages. In this part I believe choosing something that won’t offer a constant interruption is a good thing. You don’t really want to think too much about what to do next in this exact situation, right?