Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Oil is a famous japanese product mostly related to hair and skincare. It’s a multipurpose, lightweight, 100% natural camellia’s seed oil sold in 40, 60 and 120 ml glass bottles.
It comes with instructions but honestly, I think they recommend too much oil there. One drop is enough for my entire face + neck (I have really dry skin). Because of this, I’m going to write down my use and quantity personal sugestions.
I like to rub my hands first to warm them up, then apply 1 or 2 drops at a time and spread the oil between them. Light pats are recommended for a more even and light application.
- Face + neck (1 drop, preferable before bed)
- Arms + Legs (3 mixed with moisturizer / 6 of oil)
- Hair – before shower (2 for short to medium-length hair / 3 for long hair)
- Hair – after shower (1 for short to medium-length hair / 2 for long hair)
- Scalp – before shower (2 or 3)
- Cuticles + nail (1 drop)
- Lips (1 drop)
The brand’s site is in Japanese:
I highly recommend this product to anyone who’s looking for something free of alcohol, fragrance and color free. However, using too frequently this oil on my face made me break out (just a little) a few times, so swapping it with other products may be a good idea.
You can find this Tsubaki Oil available on Japanese shops and online too.